Beat the heat with this yummy watermelon punch this summer, it is healthy, delicious and super quick to prepare.
In the scorching summer heat, cool drinks are the only things that gives a sigh of relief. Carbonated soft drinks does provide some relief but actually they dehydrate our body even more. Instead the fruit punches rehydrates our body, gives nutrients, vitamins etc and also they are super delicious.
This watermelon punch is amazing for hydration and cooling our body, addition of basil gives it extra freshness and a distinct flavor, whereas ginger imparts a little kick which is good for digestion also. Lemon juice also adds refreshing tanginess to the juice.
This recipe is delicious and very quick to prepare. You can also try strawberry banana smoothie.Yum
Recipe type : Summer Drinks
Time : 10 minutes
Serves : 2
- 2 cups Watermelon flesh (seeds removed)
- 1/2 tsp Dried basil / 10 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp Black salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tbs Lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Fresh ginger
Method (Step by Step Watermelon Punch with Ginger and Basil Recipe) :-
1. Take out the watermelon flesh and remove seeds. Cut it into cubes. Chop ginger and squeeze out fresh lemon juice.
2. Put all the ingredients in a mixer jar and crush it really well.
3. Add some ice cubes and crush it again for 2 minutes.
4. Now take a glass, put ice cubes in it and pour the prepared juice in it. Serve immediately chilled. You can garnish it with some basil leaves or watermelon cubes, lemon wedges or ginger julienne.
- This preparation can made with mint also if you don’t have basil.
- For an alcoholic preparation add white rum or vodka.