Lemon mint tea is a very simple and refreshing beverage with cooling properties of mint and anti-bacterial properties of lemon. This tea provides lots of minerals and vitamins to the body and is very good for cough n cold. We are making black tea but you can avoid tea leaves and drink this lemon mint herbal tea as it is, that is very good for digestion and calming your body. This hot beverage can be made into an amazing ice-tea as well by adding lots of ice cubes, more lemon juice and some sugar syrup.
Recipe type : Beverages
Time: 10 minutes
- 1/4 tsp Lemon rind
- 1/4 tsp Lemon Juice
- 20-25 Mint leaves
- 1 Tea-bag (I used Twinnings light flavor Darjeeling tea)
- 1/2 tsp Honey or sugar (optional)
Method (step by step lemon mint black tea recipe )
- Take a sauce pan and boil 2 tea cups of water with lemon rind and mint leaves. Keep boiling it on low flame for 3 minutes.
2. Now take big cup, put a tea bag in it and then pour sieved (chani hui) lemon mint water on it.
3. Let the tea infuse for about 1 minute or more if you want strong tea. Keep it covered. After 1 minute, remove the tea bag and pour tea in the tea cup along with lemon juice.
4. Lemon mint black tea is ready, add 2-3 sprigs of mint into the tea cup for garnish and more fragrance. (If you want add honey or sugar now) Serve this refreshing tea hot.
- You can use green tea also if you don’t like black tea.
- Any brand black tea can be used for this recipe.
- If you don’t have a tea bag, use normal tea dust we use at home and put it in the sauce pan when water is boiled well, boil for 30 seconds more and then sieve it.
- If you want you can sweeten the tea with honey or sugar.
- To get lemon rind, you can grate lemons with a cheese grater. But remember not to take the bitter white part of the skin.
Do try this recipe and comment below.
You can follow us on Facebook (@monikasfoodiediaries ), Instagram(Foodiediariesmoni )or twitter (Foodiediaries_M).