Baked Veg-A-la-King is basically an upgraded version of baked veg. Baked veg is a classic Italian dish which is prepared with lots of cheese and vegetables. It can be prepared with any kind of vegetable mix, or even fruits. Veggies are mixed with white sauce generally in this recipe which gives it very subtle cheesy taste. If you want strong flavors, you can also add arrabiata sauce or you can give it touch of greens with pesto sauce or spinach paste.
It is a perfect dish for someone who love to have vegetables, like me. With this recipe, it will be super easy to make your children eat veggies. Vegetables are rich in vitamins, minerals and fiber which are essential for are body and cheese is filled with proteins and fats. The best thing cheese is really good for children if taken in appropriate amount. You can also try Baked white sauce pasta.
Let’s start with this delicious and power packed baked veg recipe
Recipe type : Main course
Time: 40-45 minutes
Serves : 4
For white sauce
1tbs Refined flour
2cloves Garlic (grated or crushed)
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp White pepper powder/Black pepper powder
½ tsp Italian seasoning
2cups White sauce
1 cup Boiled macaroni
1tbs Preserved pineapple (chopped)
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp Pepper powder
1/4tsp Mustard powder
1tbs Cheese spread
2tbs Mozzarella cheese
2tbs Fresh Cream/malai
1cup Boiled potato
4-5cup Mixed chopped vegetables
1tbs Dry Nuts
Method (Step by step baked veg recipe) :-
1. Prepare all the ingredients.
2. First of all take all veggies and put into a cooker along with ½ cup of water. Take 1 pressure and switch off the flame.
3. Let the cooker cool completely and then open it.
4. Meanwhile we will prepare white sauce with these ingredients.
5. Take a pan and put butter and garlic in it to make white sauce.
6. When butter melts, add refined flour and roast for a minute.
7. Now add milk while stirring continuously till the first boil. When it comes to a boil, add salt, pepper and mix it.
8. Take it out in a bowl and add seasoning.
9. Now take a big bowl, and all the ingredients in it except mozarella. Mix it well.
10. Pour this mixture into a baking dish. Sprinkle lots of mozzarella to cover it up. You can increase or decrease the mozzarella but do not omit it if you are baking. Bake it at 180 degrees till it gets golden from surface.
11. It is ready. Serve with slice of French loaf, baguette or garlic bread.
- You can also make it in layers, like first all veggies mixture, then white sauce, again veggies and white sauce then mozzarella.
- You can also layer it with boiled rice & cottage cheese (paneer)
- You can use more fruits if you want like apple slices, grapes pieces.
- I added walnuts but didn’t like the taste, use more of cashew nuts and almonds.You can avoid dry nuts, fruits or macaroni if you don’t like.
- Add little tomato sauce for an added flavor or you can layer it with one part arrabiata, one part white sauce and one part pesto sauce.
- You can add parsley or basil leaves if you have.
- You can use any vegetable of your choice like carrots, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, peas, mushrooms, baby corn, sweet corn, beans, onions, zucchini, bell peppers etc. Do not use tomato or bitter gourd.
Please do try and comment below if you like it and feel free to ask any question.