Veg Pizza at Home
Who does not love pizza? I bet no one. I prepared this easy veg pizza recipe which anyone can make. I prepared my own pizza sauce. You can skip that if you want and use market bought. In that case, pizza will be done in barely 20 minutes. You can also use tomato-onion gravy for sauce, and then you can name the pizza like makhani pizza or kadhai paneer pizza etc. I have used tomato based pizza sauce, you can also use cheese sauce instead. I will post recipes for pizza sauce and pizza base soon. This pizza can be prepared in both oven or stove top. This sauce recipe can be used to make 4 pan pizzas.
You can try more Italian recipes like white sauce pasta, pasta arrabiata, baked veg etc. You can also try gluten free navratri pizza.
Recipe type: Pizza
Time: 40 minutes approx
For the Pizza sauce
1/4 cup Chopped carrot
3 Big tomatoes chopped
1 Small onion chopped
6-7 Garlic cloves
1/4 tsp Parsley
1/4 tsp Basil
1/4 tsp Mixed herbs or oregano
1/4 tsp Black pepper
1/4 tsp Salt (or to taste)
1/4 tsp Sugar
2-3 Whole dried red chilies
2 tbs Olive oil/vegetable oil
1 tbs Cheese spread
1 tbs Coriander leaves/fresh parsley
For the veg pizza
1 Pizza base
2 tbs Pizza sauce
2 tsp Butter
1 cube Processed cheese cube
3 tbs Grated mozarella cheese
1/4 tsp Mixed herbs/oregano
Pizza toppings as per your choice (I used tomatoes, capsicum, olives, onions and sweet corn)
Method (step by step veg pizza recipe)
To prepare pizza sauce
1. Prepare ingredients for the sauce
2. Take a pan and add tomatoes, onion, garlic, carrot and dry red chilies with 1/2 cup of water. Boil it for 7-8 minutes till carrots become tender. Cool it and then grind it finely in a mixer grinder.
3. Now take a frying pan and put oil in it. When becomes hot add prepared paste in it. Cook it for 2 minutes and add all herbs and seasonings. Mix well and cook for another 3-4 minutes till it changes little color.
4. Add cheese spread and coriander leaves to it and mix well. Take it out in a glass container. Pizza sauce is ready.
To prepare pizza
1. Prepare all pizza ingredients.
2. Take a baking tray, put pizza base in it, apply butter, then spread pizza sauce, grate processed cheese, arrange all pizza toppings, grate mozzarella cheese, sprinkle mixed herb seasoning, little salt and black pepper if you want. I made a smiley face with olives and tomatoes. Now bake it on convection mode for 15 minutes at 180 degrees.
3. Veg Pizza is ready to be served. Cut it into slices and enjoy. You can use pizza cutter or even scissor to cut the pizza.
Notes/ Tips :-
- You can cook this veg pizza on tawa also. just keep the pizza prepared pizza on a greased tawa and on sim flame cook the pizza covered for 5 minutes or till cheese melts.
- You can use market bought pizza sauce also.
- You can use thin crust or wheat base pizza base also.
Follow us on Facebook (@monikasfoodiediaries ), Instagram(Foodiediariesmoni )or twitter (Foodiediaries_M).