Pasta is almost every child’s favorite. Personally I love pasta way too much and I prepare it in so many different ways. But the Indian style of making vegetable pasta/macaroni is so easy and and so tasty with true Indian taste and Italian pasta. You can add lots of veggies whichever you like and experiment with this recipe by adding different spices and condiments. This is a nice way to include lots of veggies in your diet and pasta also get easily digested by the fiber from veggies.It is a low calorie pasta sauce as no cream or cheese is added.
Recipe Type : Pasta
Cuisine : Indo-Italian
Time : 20-25 minutes
Serves : 1-2
1/2 cup Fusilli Pasta (or macaroni, penne, farfelle, bow any pasta shaped can be used)
1 tsp Salt
1/2tsp Turmeric (haldi)
2 tbs Green Peas
2 tbs Chopped Tomato
2tbs Chopped capsicum
2 tbs Chopped Carrot
2 tbs Chopped Onion
2 tbs Chopped Cabbage
4 Garlic cloves
1 1/2 tbs Olive oil/ vegetable oil
1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds (rai)
1 pinch Asafoetida (hing)
1/4 tsp Red chili powder
1 pinch Black Pepper Powder
2 tbs Tomato Sauce
1 tbs Coriander leaves
1/4 tsp Mixed herb seasoning/oregano (optional)
Method (step by step Vegetable pasta recipe)
1. Boil 2 glasses of water and when it gets boiling add pasta, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp turmeric and 1 tsp oil to it. Now boil it on low flame for 10 minutes approx. Do not cover.
2. Prepare all veggies by chopping them.
3. Take a skillet and add oil, mustard seeds, garlic cloves and hing to it.
4. When mustard seeds start crackling, add onions and saute for 2 minutes. Add carrots, cabbage, peas and capsicum to it. Saute for 3 minutes.
5. Now add the tomatoes, red chili powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp turmeric and 1 pinch of black pepper to it and cook for 2 minutes more.
6. Add the boiled pasta and mix it well.
7. Put tomato sauce and coriander leaves in it and mix well.
8. Switch off the flame and sprinkle mixed herb seasoning. Garnish the vegetable pasta with coriander and tomato sauce and serve hot.
- Use whichever veggies you like in this recipe.
- Add little soya sauce and chili sauce to make it chinese style.
- Do not add red chili if making for small children.
- Remove garlic cloves from the oil, after 2 minutes if you don’t like.
- You can add cheese or some fresh cream to make it creamy and heavy.
Do try this recipe and comment below.
You can follow us on Facebook (@monikasfoodiediaries ), Instagram(Foodiediariesmoni )or twitter (Foodiediaries_M).