Who does not like pickle? The tempting, mouthwatering pickles increase appetite. But busy lifestyles makes it almost impossible to prepare those time consuming pickles. I am here with a Quick-fix idea to satisfy the craving for pickle, that too in a healthy way. It’s a no oil recipe for lemon chili pickle which can be made within 2 min. and is ready to eat in an hour.
Isn’t that amazing? This is a simple lemon chili pickle is made with green chili, lemon juice and very few spices like turmeric, carom seeds, fennel and mustard powder. It is very appetizing and refreshing. I will keep posting more table pickle ideas like vinegar onion. This is a perfect summer pickle.
Food type – Table pickle
Cuisine – North Indian
Preparation time – 5 min
Shelf life – 8-10 days
- 10-12 Green chili (deseeded and cut in shreds or any shape or size you want)
- 1 Lemon
- 1tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Mustard powder (pisi hui rai)
- 1tsp Fennel seeds (saunf)
- 1/4tsp Carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1/4tsp Turmeric powder (haldi)
Method (Step by step lemon chili pickle recipe)
- Prepare all the ingredients
2. Take a glass bowl, put chili, turmeric, salt, fennel, carom seeds,mustard powder and lemon juice in it and mix all with a spoon.
3. Now why to waste the lemon peels, Put them in the same bowl and mix.
4. Fill the pickle in a glass jar. First put the lemon and then chilies. This is because lemon takes about 6-7 days to get ready whereas chilies get ready in just an hour. Serve this pickle with any north indian meal.
Do try this simple recipe, i am sure you will love it. Please comment below If you like the recipe and suggestions are most invited.
Follow us on Facebook (@monikasfoodiediaries ), Instagram(Foodiediariesmoni )or twitter (Foodiediaries_M).
[…] Normally sugar is not added in this recipe but adding a little sugar makes it even more better and onions have that little sweetness which really tastes great. Eating some vinegar pickle onion before food is very helpful to increase your appetite and also it opens your taste buds. You can also try lemon chili pickle. […]
[…] Normally sugar is not added in this recipe but adding a little sugar makes it even more better and onions have that little sweetness which really tastes great. Eating some vinegar pickle onions before food is very helpful to increase your appetite and also it opens your tastebuds. You can also try lemon chili pickle. […]