Pizza Base Sandwich
Pizza Base Sandwich, sounds a little weird right. I had one leftover pizza base and was feeling really hungry. I was in no mood for pizza and then an idea came that why not use this pizza bread to make a quick sandwich. So i just chopped some veggies, added little herbs and seasoning with some processed cheese and made this awesome sandwich. It is really a good way to make a sandwich and to use your leftover pizza base. It is a pretty quick and easy sandwich which looks delicious too.
Recipe Type : Sandwich, Snacks, Breakfast
Cuisine : Italian
Time : 15 minutes
Serves : 1
- 1 Pizza Base
- 2 tbs Chopped Cabbage
- 2 tbs Chopped Capsicum
- 2 tbs Chopped Carrot
- 2 tbs Processed cheese
- 1 1/2 tbs Tomato sauce
- 1 tsp Cheese spread
- 1/4 tsp Dried Basil
- 1/4 tsp Dried Parsley
- 1/4 tsp White Pepper/ Black Pepper
- to taste Salt
- 2 tsp Oil/Butter
Method (step by step pizza base sandwich recipe)
1. Prepare all the ingredients first.
2. Now take a non stick tawa and put 1 tsp of oil on it, add carrot capsicum and cabbage. Saute for 2 minutes.
3. Take a bowl and put cooked veggies in it and add pepper, salt, basil, parsley, cheese spread, tomato sauce and 1 tbs processed cheese in it. Mix it very well with a spoon.
4. Cut the pizza base into two equal halves with help of knife or pizza cutter. On the same tawa, add oil/butter and put the pizza base pieces from the even (bottom) side on the tawa. Roast it on medium flame till light brown and then turn it.
5. On one piece, put the prepared veggie mixture, spread it well, add remaining cheese and close it with the other half. Roast this sandwich well by pressing it a little. When it becomes golden brown from both sides it is ready. ( you can also grill it or bake in convection)
6. Garnish the pizza base sandwich with shredded cabbage, carrot and coriander leaves and serve with tomato sauce.
- Use any veggie of your liking like mushroom, corn etc.
- You can try adding pizza sauce or cheese sauce in this sandwich for a different taste.
Do try this recipe and comment below.
You can follow us on Facebook (@monikasfoodiediaries ), Instagram(Foodiediariesmoni )or twitter (Foodiediaries_M).