We all love ice-cream, don’t we? Personally I really don’t care what season it is… I love ice cream in summers as well as in chilling winters. 😛 Just the perfect sweet treat anytime of the day. Well, what if you can prepare the creamy, cold, luscious ice-cream at home. Well you can do that and its pretty easy too.
There are many ways to prepare ice-cream, you can use flavors, fresh fruits, fruit crushes etc. I will tell you about all and how you can make different types of ice-creams at home only.
This ice-cream recipe is totally vegetarian without preservatives.
So lets start with the recipe.
Recipe Type – Dessert (Ice-creams)
Serves – 4
Time – cooking 5 minutes, preparation 10 minutes, setting time 3-4 hrs
- 2cups Milk
- 11/2cup Milk Powder
- 2tsps Cornflour
- 1cup Whipped Cream/Fresh Cream
- 2tbs Sugar
- 6-7drops Strawberry essence
- 6-7drops Pineapple essence
- 2-3drops Raspberry red color
- 2-3drops Green color
- Take a pan, put milk, milk powder and cornflour in a pan, mix.
- Switch on the gas and stir continuously till it boils.
- When the boil comes, take out the mixture immediately in another pan. Let it cool completely.
- When it cools, put this mixture in a mixer jar and put sugar in it. Bet it for 2 minutes.
- Pour fresh cream/ whipped cream in it and and beat it 5 times on on/off mode.
- Now take take out the mixture and divide equally in two bowls.
- In the first bowl, put strawberry essence and raspberry red color, mix well.
- In the second bowl, put pineapple essence and green color, mix well.
- Pour the first mixture in the Ice-cream box and cover it, wrap it with aluminum foil and keep it to set. Keep the second mixture in the first shelf of fridge till then.
- When the first mixture is half set, pour second mixture in it and keep it to set again in the same manner.
- Take it out, cut it in a manner so that both the layers are visible.
- Decorate it the way you like and serve.
- You can also make fresh fruit ice-cream. While beating the mixture with sugar, add 1 cup of fresh fruit pulp.
- You can make dry nuts ice cream also, by taking half cup of dry nuts, its essence and color.
- You can use 1/4th cup of fruit crush also to make ice-cream.
- For decoration, you can use sprinklers, fresh fruit pieces, canned fruits, jelly, sauces etc.
- Fresh fruit pieces or tutti fruity or nuts can be added in the mixture for added crunch and taste.
- Fresh cream means the homemade malai. Do not use Amul fresh cream.
- You can make 3 in 1 or 4 in 1 ice-cream as u like, change flavors.
Lets start with visual 2 in 1 ice-cream recipe
1. Prepare all the ingredients first and Keep one vessel ready to take out ice-cream mixture.
2. Now take a pan or skillet and put milk, cornflour and milk powder in it.
3. Switch on the gas and stir this mixture continuously otherwise mixture will stick to pan.
4. When the mixture comes to a boil, take it out immediately in another pan otherwise it will stick to the pan. Let it cool completely. (check the bottom of the pan, it should not be warm)
5. Now pour this mixture in a mixer grinder jar with sugar and beat for about 2 minutes.
6. Put fresh cream or whipped cream to the mixture and beat it 5 times on on/off mode. On/off mode means turning the mixer for a second and turning if off. For ice-creams whipped cream works best, if you have use that. I m using homemade fresh cream i.e. malai.
7. Take out the mixture and divide it equally in two bowls. In the first bowl add pineapple essence and green color (or lemon yellow color). In the second bowl add strawberry essence and raspberry red color. Mix well.
8. Now pour one of the mixture in a ice-cream box and cover it, then wrap it with aluminum foil and keep it to set. Till then put other mixture in the upper first shelf of the fridge. After an hour, pour second mixture also in the same ice-cream box. Keep it to set. (it will take 3-4 hrs to set.)
9. Take out the box put it in hot water so that it becomes easy to take out the ice-cream but do not fully immerse in water. Cut the ice-cream in a manner that both the layers can be seen.
10. Decorate the ice-cream with dry nuts and serve. You can also use tutti fruity, canned fruits, fresh fruits, fruit sauce to decorate the ice-cream.
You can follow us on Facebook (@monikasfoodiediaries ), Instagram(Foodiediariesmoni )or twitter (Foodiediaries_M).