Besan ki Bharwan Mirchi is a Rajasthani speciality food. In rajasthani cuisine chili play a very crucial role. We cant imagine our food without spicy chilies. Mirchi k tapore, lal mirch ka achar, lala mirch aur lehsun ki chutney are some the very popular side dishes in this cuisine. Today we will make besan (gram flour) stuuffed green chili. This recipe is finger licking good and not too spicy inspite of the green chili. So lets start with the recipe. Yum
Recipe Type : Side dish
Cuisine : Rajasthani
Time : 15 – 20 minutes
Serves : 5-6
Shelf Life : 1 week in refrigerator
For the stuffing
- 2 tbs Gram flour (besan)
- 1 tsp Fennel (saunf)
- 1/2 tsp Salt (or acc to taste)
- 1/2 tsp Raw mango powder (aamchur)
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Red Chili powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 2 tsp Ginger-Garlic paste (adrak lehsun ka paste)
- 1/4 tsp Carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1 tbs Oil
For preparing chili
- 5-6 Green chili (thick chili which are not too spicy)
- 1/4 tsp Cumin seeds (zeera)
- 1 pinch Onion seeds (kalonji)
- 1/4 tsp Mustard seeds (rai)
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida (hing)
- 1 tbs Oil
Method (Step by Step Besan ki Bharwa Mirchi Recipe) :-
1. Take all the stuffing ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix all very well. The texture will be almost like a crumble.
2. Now take the green chilies and make vertical slits in them and make sure you do not cut the ends.Remove seeds. We have to cut it in a manner that stuffing can be done in the chilies. Stuff the chilies with the prepared masala well.
3. Keep a skillet to heat, add 1 tbs of oil, onion seeds, cumin, asafoetida and mustard seeds in it. When mustard starts to pop, add stuffed chilies in it. Let them roast from one side side for about a minute and then turn them.
4. Add ½ cup of water and 1/4 tsp salt to the skillet and let it boil. Cover the skillet, reduce flame to medium and let it cook. Cook till all the water evaporates. Take it out in a plate.
6. Besan ki bharwan mirchi is ready to eat. You can serve it with chapati, parantha or bati.
- This stuffing can also be used to prepare bharwan besan ki bhindi or any besan stuffing vegetable.
- You can make without garlic too for jain version.
- Add some chopped onions for more flavor.
Enjoy this recipe, do try at home and comment below. Please let me know how it turned out.