Aloo pyaz ka parantha is a popular dish among North Indians and is prepared in almost every household. Potato is a very versatile ingredient and parantha a very versatile dish which can be made with various filings. Trust me nothing can beat the aloo pyaz filing. This one is just the best. Its so delicious, filing and mouth watering. Very basic recipe but so good. I dont have much to say about it, just that you can experiment a lot with this dish, like you can green peas or dry nuts or any veggies like carrot or gobhi or even cheese. Paranthas have endless possibilities for innovation. I have made the paranthas very spicy, you can reduce the spicyness according to your own preference.
Recipe type: Roti,naan & parantha
Cooking time: 30-50 minutes
For the dough:
2 cups Wheat flour (atta)
1/2 cup Gram flour (besan)
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Caraway seeds (shah zeera)
1/2 tsp Carom seeds (ajwain)
For the filling:
2 cups Boiled grated mashed potato
1 cup Chopped onions
2 tbs Coriander leaves
2 tsp Mint paste
1 tsp Salt (or to taste)
1/4tsp Asaefotida (hing)
1/2tsp Garam masala
1 1/2tsp Roasted cumin powder
1tsp Ginger (chopped)
1tsp Green chili (chopped)
1tsp Red chilli powder
1/4tsp Turmeric powder
1/2tsp Coriander powder
1tsp Fennel seeds (saunf)
1/2tsp Raw mango powder
Method (Step by step aloo pyaz parantha recipe)
Make the Dough
- First of all we need to prepare dough with these ingredients
2. Now take all the dough ingredients in a paraat or big plate and mix, make a well in the centre and make dough with water of medium consistency (not too hard not too soft). Apply little oil on the dough and keep it covered for 15 minutes.
1. Prepare ingredients for filing and boil and mash potatoes early so that filing can be prepared faster. I m making two types of filing with same ingredients.
2. For preparing first filing, we take half of the ( potatoes, onions, green chilli, coriander leaves, ginger, red chili, fennel, garam masala, hing, roasted cumin powder,mint paste, salt, roasted cumin powder and raw mango powder). Mix all very well. First filing is ready.
3. To prepare second filing, take a skillet put oil, cumin and hing in it. When starts to crackle add onions, ginger and green chili, saute for 1 min and add all remaining spices, mix and add potatoes. Mix it well. Switch off the gas and let it cool before using.
1. Now to prepare paranthas, take little dough and make a ball out of it, apply little flour and roll it like roti with a rolling pin (belan), apply ghee on it, put filing in the center and gather the edges like potli and press it, again apply flour.
2. Roll the stuffed dough again a little thick than roti and put it on hot tawa, roast lightly from one side and turn it. Roast lightly from other side too.
3. Now apply ghee on both sides and make it crisp and golden brown. (You can also use oil if you want.) Make all the paranthas same way.
4. Cut it into four pieces and serve with green chutney, tomato sauce,butter, curd, masala onions or just have it as it is. It tastes really good. Both the filings taste good.
Do try this recipe and comment below.
You can follow us on Facebook (@monikasfoodiediaries ), Instagram(Foodiediariesmoni )or twitter (Foodiediaries_M).
Nice manu i was duin several mistakes before while making parantha and thats why my food was nt taste good as it should be…..but now i know how to make parantha….good work
Thanks apuu, try jarur karna 🙂