Broccoli Carrot Soup
Broccoli carrot soup is a very earthy and creamy soup prepared with broccoli and carrots. It is not something that everyone will like because this one is for people who love broccoli like me. Broccoli soup tastes very grassy and creamy, i have added little sweetness in form of carrots too. Soups are all very healthy and this one is no exception.
To make a low calorie version i have skipped cream and used cashews (you can also use almonds or pine nuts) to make it creamy and more nutritious. You can also skip butter if you want. Broccoli is rich in antioxidants and in many other vitamins and minerals, carrots are rich in vitamin A. Although acidity patients should avoid broccoli. Otherwise it is a very healthy vegetable which is often consumed in salads and stir fries.
Recipe type: Soup, Appetizer
Time: 20 minutes
100 gm Broccoli (Florets separated and soft stems of broccoli chopped roughly)
1 Small carrot (chopped)
5 cloves Garlic
1 small Onion (chopped)
4 Cashews/Almonds/Pine nuts
1 tsp Butter
1/4 cup Milk
1/4 tsp White Pepper Powder
2 tsp Cornflour
to taste Salt
1/4 tsp Dried basil and mixed herbs (optional)
1 tsp Grated cheese (to garnish)
Method (step by step broccoli carrot soup recipe)
1. First of all prepare all the ingredients.
2. Take a pan, add 2 cups water and boil it, put broccoli florets, carrot, onion, garlic and cashews and boil it for 5 minutes.
3. Strain after 5 minutes and keep 2-3 florets to garnish. Do not throw the the strained water, it will be used for the soup.
4. Let all boiled ingredients cool and grind finely in mixer.
5. Now take the sieved stock, ground mixture in the same pan and keep to boil. Take milk and mix cornflour in it, make a slurry and add to the soup while stirring continuously. Stir it till it comes to a boil and cook for 2 more minutes.
6. Add butter, pepper powder and salt to it and give a good mix. You can also add more flavor with some dried basil and mixed herbs.
7. Switch off the flame and garnish with broccoli florets and grated cheese. Serve it with any bread of your choice, preferably garlic bread.
- Prepare only broccoli soup if you don’t like carrots.
- Similarly cauliflower soup can also be prepared.
- You can also use almond slivers, pine nuts or croutons to garnish this soup.