We all go to restaurants and are served those small round beautiful onions soaked in tangy vinegar solution. Vinegar onion taste really nice with Indian food and increase our hunger. Vinegar helps to reduce the pungency of onions and also helps to increase the shelf life. This is a pickle which can be easily prepared at home in very less time. Onions with vinegar can be used for 10-12 days. Same way you can prepare vinegar chili, cucumber, carrot, beetroot, Zucchini, capsicum or any vegetable you like.
Normally sugar is not added in this recipe but adding a little sugar makes it even more better and onions have that little sweetness which really tastes great. Eating some vinegar pickle onion before food is very helpful to increase your appetite and also it opens your taste buds. You can also try lemon chili pickle.
Lets start with the recipe
Recipe type : Table pickle
Cuisine : North Indian
Time: 2 minutes + 2 hour
Shelf Life: 10-12 days
- 3-4 Small onions (peeled And knobs removed)
- 1/2 cup Vinegar (White)
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1 inch Ginger (Thin strips) (Optional)
- 2 cloves Garlic (Optional)
- 1/4 tsp Oregano (For added flavor, optional)
- 2-3 pieces Beetroot (For color, optional)
Method ( Step by Step Vinegar onion recipe)
- Prepare ingredients. I ran out of white vinegar, so i am using apple cider vinegar. Taste is better with white vinegar.
2. Make plus sign cuts in onions halfway through
3. Add onions in a small glass jar and put vinegar in it
4. Now fill it with water so that onions get completely covered
5. Put all the spices in the jar along with garlic, ginger if you are adding. Pickle will be ready in 2 hrs. I am not adding beetroots.
Yes it is ready, in just 2 minutes. Can u believe it 🙂 Do try and comment below.
Follow us on Facebook (@monikasfoodiediaries ), Instagram(Foodiediariesmoni )or twitter (Foodiediaries_M).