Coconut chutney is a very popular south indian chutney, which is served with dosa, idli, vada, uttapam and many other south indian dishes. These dishes seem incomplete without this chutney. It is a very easy and delicious chutney. This is prepared with fresh coconut, curd, salt, green chili and tempered with mustard seeds and curry leaves. Coconut is filled with many nutrients like zinc, phosphorous, manganese so it is very nutritive too. It is a fruit of which every part is useful like meat for oil and milk, shell for charcoal etc. You can also try chana coconut chutney.
Lets start with coconut chutney recipe
Recipe Type: Chutney
Cuisine: South Indian
Time : 10 minutes
Serves: 5-6 people
- 1cup Fresh coconut (chopped)
- 2 Green chilies (chopped)
- 1/2cup Curd
- 1/2tsp Salt ( according to taste)
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1/2tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 pinch Asafoetida (hing)
- 10-12 Curry Leaves
Method (Step by step coconut chutney recipe)
- Prepare ingredients
2. Take a mixer jar and put coconut, green chili, salt and curd. (If you don’t like sour taste of of curd, add milk instead)
3. Grind it fine with the help of water according to the consistency you want. Add water little by little. Now You can use this chutney like this if you do not want to temper. This tastes good too.
4. Now to temper the chutney, take a tempering bowl and put oil, mustard seeds, hing. Keep it to heat, put curry leaves(torn) when mustard seeds start spluttering. ( You can also put 1/4 tsp chana dal and urad dal in seasoning if you want)
5. Pour the tempering over chutney. Mix the chutney and it is ready.
Serve it with dosa, uttapam, idli, vada or rice.
Please try it and comment below 🙂
Follow us on Facebook (@monikasfoodiediaries ), Instagram(Foodiediariesmoni )or twitter (Foodiediaries_M).