Chaat – Literal meaning is to lick. Chaat is basically referred to street foods in india which are generally finger licking good. This recipe is my bhabhi’s which she made for her daughters school competition of healthy food. This recipe came out to be a winner. I thought it will be great to include this on my blog.
This Sweet N Sour Corn & Cottage Cheese Chaat is very refreshing in taste and super healthy too. We have added very little amount of fat which is actually good for your health. Sweet corn, paneer, onion, tomato, pomegranate are all a great source of daily need nutrients and fibre. Instead of using mayonnaise or cheese, we used healthy chutneys and curd to flavor the dish.
This is a must try recipe and very healthy breakfast or evening snack alternative. You can also try beetroot salad, maharashtrian poha, khandvi etc. Yum
Recipe Type : Chaat, Breakfast
Cuisine : Indian
Serves : 4
Time : 20-30 minutes
For the Salad
- 2 cups Sweet Corn
- 100 gms Chopped Paneer cubes
- 2 tsp Clarified Butter (ghee)
- 4 tbs Pomegranate seeds
- 1 Boiled and Chopped potato
- 2 tbs Chopped Onion
- 3 tbs Chopped Tomato
- 20-30 Mint Leaves
For the Dressing
- ½ tsp Mint Powder
- ½ tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper Powder
- ½ tsp Chaat Masala
- 4 tbs Hung Curd
- 2 tbs Tamarind Chutney
- 2 tbs Coriander Chutney (without green chili)
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- 1 tbs Lemon Juice
- Few Mint Leaves
- 4 tbs Cornflakes
- 2 tbs Pomegranate seed
Method (Step by Step Sweet N Sour Corn & Cottage Cheese Chaat Recipe) :
- First of all take paneer cubes and lightly roast them with ghee till it gets golden in color.
- Saute the sweet corns in the same pan for 3 minutes and take out.
- Now take a big bowl and add all the ingredients of dressing in it. Mix it very well till it gets smooth and all mixed well.
- Add sweet corn, paneer cubes, potato, tomato, onion in the dressing and toss them well.
- Now add pomegranate seeds and mint leaves and mix gently.
- Our Sweet N Sour Corn & Cottage Cheese Chaat is ready. To give it little crunch we added cornflakes on the top and garnish with some mint leaves and pomegranate seeds.
Note : Add cornflakes only when you are ready to serve otherwise they will become soggy.