White sauce pasta is my favorite dish, no matter how many times I make it, I never get bored. This Italian delicacy have very subtle flavors, goodness of veggies, creaminess, cheesiness and what not. In this version you will learn both baked and normal white sauce pasta. White sauce is prepared with butter, refined flour and milk flavored with aromatic herbs and very mild seasoning. In this pasta, exotic veggies go very well, but if you do not have then you can all add veggies like carrots, onions, sweet corn, and capsicum/bell pepper etc. You may even add veggies like cauliflower, cabbage if you like.
The veggies that work best are sweet corns, mushrooms, zucchini, bell peppers, broccoli and onions. But in the end it’s your choice, you can completely omit vegetables if you want. Pasta comes in different shapes, so you can use whichever you like or have. I am using classic penne pasta. Instead of mixed italian seasoning, you can use dried oregano, parsley and basil also. You can also add ½ cup of white wine in the sauce to make it more flavorful. I am in love with this pasta and I am sure you will love it too. Its yummilicious. You may also like to try Baked Vegetable.
Recipe type: Main course
Cooking time: 30-40 min
Serves: 3-4 people
For boiling pasta
3 cups Penne pasta
For the white sauce:
2tsp Butter or olive oil or any refined vegetable oil
2tsp Refined flour (Maida)
4 cups Milk
1/2 tsp Black pepper/White pepper powder
1tsp Cheese spread
1/2tsp Italian seasoning (mixed herbs)
2 cloves Garlic (grated)
2 pinch Nutmeg (jayafal) powder a pinch
1/4tsp Mustard powder
1/4tsp Chilly flakes (optional)
For Pasta preparation
1 cup Mixed veggies
1tsp Olive oil/Refined oil
½ cup Onions
1/2tsp White/Black pepper
1/2cup Fresh cream
1tsp Mozzarella cheese
½ cup Mozzarella cheese
1/4tsp Mixed herbs Italian seasoning
1tsp Mint leaves/ parsley/Basil
Method (step by step baked white sauce pasta recipe):
- Prepare all the ingredients first.
2. Take a deep pan (bhagoni), put lots of water in it (fill almost 3/4th of the vessel). Let the water come to a rolling boil. Put salt, oil and pasta to it and reduce the flame. Stir it once every minute so that pasta does not get stick to the bottom. It will take 10min. When pasta becomes soft, strain it through a sieve (chalni) carefully.
3. To prepare the white sauce, put butter and garlic into a pan and roast it for a minute. Add refined flour (maida) and again roast for a minute. (you can skip garlic if you don’t want).
4. Add milk with one hand and stir with the other. Keep stirring till it comes to a boil.
5. Now add salt, pepper, mustard powder, mixed herbs, sugar, cheese spread, nutmeg powder (grated nutmeg) and chilly flakes to the white sauce and mix well. Switch off the gas and take out the sauce in a bowl.
6. Take a pan, put olive oil/refined oil in it, add onions and saute for a minute on high flame.
7. Add all veggies except mushrooms and sauté for 1 minute, now add mushrooms and saute for 2 more minutes (Veggies should remain little crunchy). Add salt and pepper in it and mix well.
8. Put boiled pasta in it, mix well and add prepared white sauce, fresh cream and mozzarella to it. Mix it well. It is ready to be served as White sauce penne pasta if you do not want to bake it. Sprinkle processed cheese/parmesan cheese and garnish with herbs of your choice.
9. Meanwhile, preheat your oven at 180 degrees. Pour pasta into a baking dish. Sprinkle lots of mozzarella on it and Italian seasoning.
10. Bake it on convection mode (middle rack) for 15minutes at 200 degrees. If you are using OTG then at 150 degrees for 15 min on middle rack. (cheese should turn little brown)
11. It is ready. Serve with garlic bread. Garnish with parsley or coriander leaves.
- U can also add ½ tsp soya sauce to it for little tanginess.
- U can make it with one vegetable also and u can completely avoid veggies.
- If u want to reduce calories do not add cheese and fresh cream and reduce Maida (or use Atta) to half.
- U can use whichever pasta shape u like and even colored pastas.
- We can also add dried basil, oregano but for me Italian mixed seasoning works best.
Follow us on Facebook (@monikasfoodiediaries ), Instagram(Foodiediariesmoni )or twitter (Foodiediaries_M).
[…] can also try White sauce sauce, pasta arrabiata or aglio olio […]
[…] can try more pasta recipes like White sauce pasta, Pasta arrabiata, or aglio […]
[…] It is a perfect dish for someone who love to have vegetables, like me. With this recipe, it will be super easy to make your children eat veggies. Vegetables are rich in vitamins, minerals and fiber which are essential for are body and cheese is filled with proteins and fats. The best thing cheese is really good for children if taken in appropriate amount. You can also try Baked white sauce pasta. […]