We all eat sandwich made with white or brown or multigrain breads and filled with yummy savory filings. But have you ever had a sandwich with sweet filing and that too chocolate. Trust me it taste amazing, bread, butter and creamy chocolate filing. Chocolate lovers, you will just fall in love with this chocolate sandwich.
I have used Brown bread to make this sandwich, you can use white bread as well. It can be prepared with chocolate syrup also. If you don’t have a griller, its the perfect way to make crispy sandwiches in minutes. You can use any nuts of your choice like walnuts, pistachios, pine nuts, cashew nuts etc. You can use fruits like strawberries and bananas to make a fruity chocolate sandwich.
Recipe type: Breakfast, Snack
Time: 15-20 min
50-70gms Dark chocolate compound/melting chocolate ( I used Morde’s brand)
2-3tsps Unsalted butter
1tsp Cinnamon powder
1tsp Chocolate powder
2tbs Milk chocolate chopped/choco chips
10-12 Almonds (chopped)
4 Bread slices (Brown/white)
Method (Chocolate Sandwich step by step recipe with photos)
1. Take a glass bowl, put dark chocolate, 2tsps butter in it and microwave it for 1 min. It will become soft, whisk it or mix it with a spoon till it becomes like a smooth and shiny chocolate sauce.
2. Take two bread slices, apply butter on both lightly, then apply prepared chocolate mix, sprinkle little cinnamon powder, put chopped chocolate or choco chips and almonds. Close the sandwich.
3. Now take a non-stick tawa, apply butter on it, when it melts, put prepared sandwich, make it crisp from one side. Apply butter on top of it and turn it. Make it crisp. Remember to press it only from edges and not from the center otherwise it will get settled down in the center. Take it down. (You can also grill it or make it in a sandwich maker)
4. Cut it in 4 pieces and decorate it with prepared chocolate sauce, chocolate sprinklers and chocolate powder. Serve it warm and crisp.
- You can also use regular salted butter.
- You can add gems, or any dry fruits you like.
- Instead of cinnamon powder, you can use chocolate powder or little nutmeg powder.
- You can flavor it with orange zest or rum also.
- You can add a layer of sliced bananas or strawberries.
Do try this recipe and comment below.
You can follow us on Facebook (@monikasfoodiediaries ), Instagram(Foodiediariesmoni )or twitter (Foodiediaries_M).