White vinegar is prepared with water, acetic acid and citric acid. Vinegar is used for various purposes like pickling, cooking, and even cleaning. This vinegar recipe can be easily prepared at home and when we make something at home we know what goes into it and its safe from hazardous chemicals. It is a very important condiment in many cuisines likely chinese, thai etc.
Vinegar comes in many variants like rice vinegar, balsamic vinegar, white wine vinegar, apple cider etc but we are going to prepare the very basic synthetic white vinegar. This is used for medicinal purposes also. When added to food and consumed helps to increase satiety and also is good for diabetic people.
Recipe type : Condiment
Cooking time : 15-20 minutes
Shelf life: More it ages, better it becomes
- 1 bottle Acetic Acid (30 ml) (Keep out of children reach)
- 2tsp Citric Acid
- 1litre Water
Method (Step by step White vinegar recipe)
- Prepare ingredients
2. Keep water to boil in a big vessel. When water comes to a rolling boil, switch off the gas.
3. Put citric acid and acetic acid in the boiled water after 2-3 minutes. (Warning: Do not inhale acetic acid, it can cause vomiting)
4. Now let the mixture cool down completely. When it cools strain it and fill in a glass bottle.
Vinegar is now ready to use. You can use it for cooking or cleaning also.
- It can be used as a condiment in various dishes.
- It can be used as a replacement for lemon juice in many dishes.
- Make a solution of vinegar, detergent, baking soda and warm water to clean your titles, floors etc.
- Vinegar is also great for pickling as it acts as a preservative and also adds required tanginess.
- You can clean your chopping boards with vinegar.
You can also try Homemade tomato sauce. Some recipes prepared with vinegar are vinegar onions, Chilli paneer etc
Follow us on Facebook (@monikasfoodiediaries ), Instagram(Foodiediariesmoni )or twitter (Foodiediaries_M).