Instant Rava Mix Veg Uttapam is a very healthy south indian breakfast. Uttapam is usually made with lentils and rice flour after fermentation which takes lots of time. But this is an instant version of uttapam which is made from semolina or suji.
I like to add lots of veggies to my uttapam, you can make it with any number of veggies that you like. You can make onion uttapam, coconut uttapam, carrot and beetroot uttapam etc the same way. Even add cheese for kids if you like.
This is a very simple recipe, yet amazingly tasty and healthy. Uttapam makes a complete breakfast which is full of essential vitamins, minerals from veggies, proteins from curd, carbohydrates from semolina and fats from oil. Use coconut oil for more healthier version. Start your morning with this yummy uttapam and enjoyeee.
Recipe Type : Breakfast
Cuisine : South Indian
Time : 40-60 minutes
Serves : 2-3
For the batter
- 1 cup Semolina (suji)
- 100 gms Curd (dahi)
- 1 tsp Salt (or acc. to taste)
- 1/2 tsp Eno salt
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda (mitha soda)
For the vegetable mixture
- 1 Onion sliced (pyaz)
- 2 tbs Cabbage shredded (pattagobhi)
- 2 tbs Capsicum shredded (shimla mirch)
- 1 tbs Chopped coriander (hara dhaniya)
- 1 tsp Chopped green chili (hari mirch)
- 1 tbs Lemon juice (nimbu ka ras)
- handful Curry leaves (mitha neem)
- 2 tbs Grated fresh coconut (kaccha nariyal)
- 1 tbs Moong sprouts
- 1/2 tsp Red chii powder
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Roasted ground cumin powder (bhuna pisa zeera)
For tempering the mixture
- 1tsp Mustard seeds (rai)
- 1 tbs Oil
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida (hing)
Oil to pan fry the Uttapam
Method (Step by step Instant Rava Mix Veg Uttapam Recipe ) :-
- Take a bowl and add semolina, soda, salt, curd and water to it, whisk it well. Add more water if required. The consistency should be that of a pancake or pakoda batter. cover it and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile take another bowl and add onions, cabbage, capsicum, green chili, coriander, curry leaves, coconut, lemon juice, moong sprouts, red chili powder, cumin powder, salt, black pepper powder and mix well.
- Prepare tempering. take a tempering bowl, add oil, mustard seeds and asafoetida. Heat it till mustard seeds splutter and add to the vegetable mixture. Mix well.
- After 20 minutes take the batter and add eno to it and mix well.
- Take a non stick tawa, spread little oil on it. Add a laddle full of uttapam batter and spread it round but little thick.
- Immediately spread some vegetable mixture on the uttapam and press lightly. Add 1 tsp oil on top of uttapam. Cover it with a vessel and lower the flame. let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cover and turn the uttapam. Roast it for 2 minutes and turn again. Cook for 1 more minute.
- Instant Rava Mix Veg Uttapam is now ready. Serve it with coconut chutney or any chutney you like.
- You can try it with any veggie you like.
- Make uttapam pizza by adding mozzarella cheese at last one minute.
- Alter the spices to your taste.