Raita is a very basic side dish in a Indian lunch menu. In every Indian household many variety of raitas are prepared. I am sure you will find one different recipe for raita at each home, but the basic spices (masalas) generally remain same like roasted cumin powder, black pepper or in case of rajasthan red chilli powder, black salt, common salt. Very low spices, proteins and calcium from curd, vitamins and minerals from veggies make this vegetable raita – a super healthy recipe.
Mix veg raita is something that is served in almost all north indian cuisine restaurants, which consists of tomato, onion, cucumber, coriander leaves. It is so fresh to taste that it enhances your taste buds and make you fall in love with it. A very important aspect in this raita is not to overcrowd the raita with veggies. I have also added milk to this raita which helps to retain the freshness of curd and to reduce tanginess of tomatoes. Curd will not become sour if you add milk. It can be taken with any Indian lunch menu, like biryani, chapati, or any rice dish. This can also be enjoyed with breakfast such as paranthas, upma, poha etc.
Recipe type : Raita
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: 15 minutes
2 tbs Cucumber (Chopped finely into cubes)
2 tbs Tomato ( De seeded and chopped)
2 tbs Onion (chopped)
1 tbs Capsicum (chopped) (optional)
½-1tsp Chopped green chili
1tsp Chopped coriander leaves
to taste Salt
½ tsp Black pepper
½ tsp Black Salt
1 tsp Roasted cumin powder
2 cups Curd
Method (Step by Step Recipe for Vegetable Raita) :
1. Prepare and cut all the vegetables first i.e. tomato, capsicum, onion, green chili, cucumber, coriander leaves.
3. Now add all spice, seasoning to it and mix well. Then add vegetables, mix and add coriander leaves and mix again.
4. Vegetable Raita is ready. Garnish it it with cucumber, tomato, coriander and onion. Serve with chapati or rice. ( You can also see Aloo raita recipe )
- If you want to use raita after sometime, then don’t add salt, just add it before serving. Raita will remain fresh for long.
- You can add veggies like carrot, beans also if you like.
- You can omit any veggie which you don’t like in the raita.
- Add a pinch of mustard powder for a different taste.
Do try this recipe and comment below.
You can follow us on Facebook (@monikasfoodiediaries ), Instagram(Foodiediariesmoni )or twitter (Foodiediaries_M).