Beetroot Carrot Salad
Everyone knows how nutritious beetroots, carrots and orange are. Salads are something which is focused for your daily diet so much. If you are dieting then having boring salad daily is not possible. So why not make our salads interesting and tasty without losing its health benefits. Beetroots are excellent source for folate and manganese which is very important for blood formulation. Carrots are rich in Vitamin A and provide 100 % of our daily requirement in just 100 gms. Orange are full of Vitamin C and cartenoids, phytochemicals. This salad is like a complete health package.
Beetroots are sweet in taste and have different taste which i personally do not like and many people don’t. So I usually have it in juice form. This salad recipe i read in a newspaper which i have modified according to own taste and found it nice. In this recipe, when you will boil the beets, do not throw the strained water. It is very nutritious and you can use it in following ways
- Drink this water when cooled with little black salt and black pepper.
- Knead your dough with it.
- Use this in soups for more vibrant color instead of vegetable stock or water like i use it in my tomato soup.
- You can also use it in Dal or vegetable preparations.
Recipe type : Salad
Time : 10 minutes
Serves : 2-3
1 Carrot (Cut into cubes)
1 Beetroot (Cut into Cubes)
1/4 tsp Mustard Powder
1/2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
1/4 tsp Black Salt
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 cup Orange Juice
1/4 tsp Orange zest/peel
1 tsp Olive oil (optional)
1 tbs Torn or chopped mint leaves / 1/2 tsp mint powder
1 tbs Lemon Juice
2-3 Mint sprigs (for garnish)
Method (step by step beetroot carrot salad in orange dressing recipe)
1. Take a pan and boil 1 cup of water, put carrot and beetroot cubes in the boiling water. Boil it on medium flame for 3-4 minutes. Strain and let them cool. (You can put it in refrigerator or cold water to cool them fast)
- You can make this salad without boiling the veggies also.
- Add lettuce, cabbage, cucumber etc to make it more up to your liking.
- Add some peeled orange pieces in the salad to make tasty.
Do try this recipe and comment below.
You can follow us on Facebook (@monikasfoodiediaries ), Instagram(Foodiediariesmoni )or twitter (Foodiediaries_M).