Mooli ka Aachar/ Radish Pickle
White raddish (mooli) is a winter root vegetable and is consumed in almost every household. It is mostly consumed as raw salad. Its leaves are also used to make saag. Radish can be consumed raw or cooked or as a pickle. Today we are going to learn masaledaar or spiced up radish pickle. This mooli ka aachar (radish pickle) is seasonal and can be used for a month. This tastes really good and is easy to prepare. It just requires proper sunlight.
Radish are very good for digestion, constipation, liver, dehydration and urinary disorders. They are rich in Vitamin C, roughage and water. Radish tastes little pungent and sweet. Its pickle is really good in taste. It has a distinct pungency which is nice to taste.
Recipe type: Pickle, food preservation
Time: 6 days
Shelf life: 1 month approx
3 tsp Red chili powder
1 tsp Turmeric Powder
3 tsp Salt
1 tbs Coriander seeds
2 tbs Fenugreek Seeds
1/4 cup Mustard Seeds
1/2 tsp Carom Seeds
1/2 tsp Asafoetida
1/2 tsp Onion seeds
1/2 cup Mustard oil
2 tbs Fennel Seeds
1/2 cup Vinegar
2 Big radish
Method (Step by step mooli ka aachar recipe)
1. First wash and peel the radish, then cut it in round slices or small length wise pieces. Keep these in sunlight for 2 days.
3. When radish get dried, take a skillet and put coriander seeds and fenugreek seeds in it. Dry roast these on low flame till it starts giving nice aroma and lightly changes the color. Now put mustard seeds in the skillet and let these cool. When it gets cooled, crush it in mixer grinder.
- It is very important to dry the radish in sunlight because of its high water content.
- Spice quantity can be decreased according to your own preference.
- It takes approx 3-4 days to get proper taste in the radish, do wait before consumption.