Poha is flattened rice which is very common breakfast preparations among many households. It can be batata poha, kanda poha or matar poha. Sometimes it so happens that some poha is left unfinished and it goes waste as when poha is cold, it does not taste good. Now if you are like me who do not like to waste food then you must always think what do i do with this. So this one time i came up with this simple and yummy recipe. Poha cutlet and mind you my whole family loved it. It was tasty and a perfect evening snack. I am sure if you make this recipe once you will deliberately make poha for cutlets. This is surely a must try, You can also try maharashtrian poha recipe.
Recipe Type: Breakfast, snack
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups Leftover poha
- 2 big Boiled potatoes
- 2 tbs Cornflour
- 2 tbs Chopped cabbage
- 2 tbs Green peas
- 2 tbs Cornflakes ( crushed) or breadcrumbs
- 7-8 Small dices of cheese (Mozzarella or processed)
- 1 tsp Ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp Caraway seeds (Shah zeera)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/2 tsp Red chili powder (or according to taste)
- 1 tsp Salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp Carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1/2 tsp Roasted ground cumin powder (bhuna pisa zeera)
Method (Step by step poha cutlet recipe)
1. Prepare all the ingredients
2. Take a big bowl, grate potatoes (Aloo kas lijiye) and put into the bowl,add rest of the ingredients except cheese in the bowl.
3. Mix all well and make a dough. If you feel it is too dry add little water to smoothen it.
4. Make small balls out of the dough and fill each with a piece of cheese in the center.
5. Shape them as you like, i shaped them into rectangular cutlets.
6. Now take a non-stick flat tawa, apply oil on it. When it becomes hot put cutlets on it and let them brown and crisp from one side.
7. Once browned from one side, flip the cutlets with a flat spoon and apply little more oil on tawa. Make them brown and crisp. When they become brown and crisp from both sides, take them down.
8. Poha cutlet is now ready, serve them with green chutney and tomato sauce or you can also serve it with any curd dip or mayonnaise.
- You can omit red chili and add black pepper instead.
- Add more veggies like carrot, beetroot for a different taste.
- For making it more crisp, give it coating of thin maida/cornflour batter and cover with breadcrumbs. Deep fry.
- You can also use uncooked poha, just soak them in water for 10 minutes and add more spices, onion, green chilies.
- You can totally omit chili in this recipe, if you don’t like, it will taste good without it also.
Please try this recipe and comment below.
Follow us on Facebook (@monikasfoodiediaries ), Instagram(Foodiediariesmoni )or twitter (Foodiediaries_M).