Pasta is almost every child’s favorite. Personally I love pasta way too much and I prepare it in so many different ways. But the Indian style of making vegetable pasta/macaroni is so easy and and so tasty with true Indian taste and Italian pasta. You can add lots of veggies whichever you like and experiment with this recipe by adding different spices and condiments. This is a nice way to include lots of veggies in your diet and pasta also get easily digested by the fiber from veggies.It is a low calorie pasta sauce as no cream or cheese is added.
Recipe Type : Pasta
Cuisine : Indo-Italian
Time : 20-25 minutes
Serves : 1-2
1/2 cup Fusilli Pasta (or macaroni, penne, farfelle, bow any pasta shaped can be used)
1 tsp Salt
1/2tsp Turmeric (haldi)
2 tbs Green Peas
2 tbs Chopped Tomato
2tbs Chopped capsicum
2 tbs Chopped Carrot
2 tbs Chopped Onion
2 tbs Chopped Cabbage
4 Garlic cloves
1 1/2 tbs Olive oil/ vegetable oil
1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds (rai)
1 pinch Asafoetida (hing)
1/4 tsp Red chili powder
1 pinch Black Pepper Powder
2 tbs Tomato Sauce
1 tbs Coriander leaves
1/4 tsp Mixed herb seasoning/oregano (optional)
Method (step by step Vegetable pasta recipe)
1. Boil 2 glasses of water and when it gets boiling add pasta, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp turmeric and 1 tsp oil to it. Now boil it on low flame for 10 minutes approx. Do not cover.
8. Switch off the flame and sprinkle mixed herb seasoning. Garnish the vegetable pasta with coriander and tomato sauce and serve hot.
- Use whichever veggies you like in this recipe.
- Add little soya sauce and chili sauce to make it chinese style.
- Do not add red chili if making for small children.
- Remove garlic cloves from the oil, after 2 minutes if you don’t like.
- You can add cheese or some fresh cream to make it creamy and heavy.
Do try this recipe and comment below.
You can follow us on Facebook (@monikasfoodiediaries ), Instagram(Foodiediariesmoni )or twitter (Foodiediaries_M).