Soups are relished by all people in winter as it is very comforting and gives warmth to the body. Today i made lemon coriander soup. This soup is very easy to prepare, very quick and also it is very healthy. It does not need heavy cream or butter to make make it heavy and tasty. It is so refreshing and tasty in itself that you cant have enough of it. Lemon is a very rich source of vitamin c which is very good for healing sore throats and boosting immunity. Lemon is also very good for digesting and reducing weight. Coriander on the other hand is also very rich in Vitamin C, A and K , selenium, iron and many other minerals and dietary fiber. This soup is especially good for cold and cough patients, to improve digestion and to boost immunity.
I have also added veggies to this soup which further enhances its health benefits and makes it more tasty. You can add mushrooms, corns, broccoli, capsicum etc in this soup. You can also completely omit veggies if you like. I have added garlic, ginger and onion to enhance the flavor, but they are optional too. Lemon and coriander have enough flavor to make this soup delectable. I personally will not add garlic and ginger to this soup next time as they kind off overpower the taste.
To thicken the soup i have added cornflour, you can try gram flour too. Thickness of the soup can be increased or decreased as per your preference by increasing or decreasing cornflour quantity. You can also prepare clear soup by omitting cornflour altogether. So there can be many versions of this soup. Lets start with the recipe.
Recipe type: Soup,Appetizer
Time: 15-20 minutes
4 tsp Cornflour ( Make a smooth slurry by mixing cornflour with water)
2 tbs Coriander leaves (chopped)
1 tsp Coriander stems
1/2cup Chopped carrot
1/2cup Chopped cabbage
3 tbs Chopped onions
4 cloves Garlic chopped (optional)
1/4 tsp Ginger chopped/grated (optional)
2-3tsp Lemon Juice (or according to taste)
4 cups Vegetable Stock/Water
1/2 tsp White Pepper/Black Pepper
1/2tsp Salt (or to taste)
2 tsp Olive oil/sesame oil/vegetable oil
Method (Step by Step Lemon coriander soup recipe with photos) :-
1. Prepare all the ingredients
2. Now take a sauce pan/skillet and put oil in it. Put ginger garlic and cook it till raw smell of garlic disappears.
4. When onion become soft, add carrot, cabbage, coriander stems and any other other veggie you want to add. Saute them for 2 minutes. Add vegetable stock/water and cornflour slurry to it and give it a boil. Boil it for 2 more minutes and season it with pepper and salt.
- If you do not like veggies, do not add any,it tastes good as it is.
- Do not keep it for long as coriander leaves its freshness.
- If you love veggies you can add other veggies of your choice too. Mushrooms, broccoli will taste really good with it.
- You can totally avoid onion, garlic and ginger too.
- Make it thick or thin as per your preference by increasing or decreasing cornflour quantity.
- If you don’t want to eat coriander stems, add big stems and remove them while serving.