Who does not like pickle? The tempting, mouthwatering pickles increase appetite. But busy lifestyles makes it almost impossible to prepare those time consuming pickles. I am here with a Quick-fix idea to satisfy the craving for pickle, that too in a healthy way. It’s a no oil recipe for lemon chili pickle which can be made within 2 min. and is ready to eat in an hour.
Isn’t that amazing? This is a simple lemon chili pickle is made with green chili, lemon juice and very few spices like turmeric, carom seeds, fennel and mustard powder. It is very appetizing and refreshing. I will keep posting more table pickle ideas like vinegar onion. This is a perfect summer pickle.
Food type – Table pickle
Cuisine – North Indian
Preparation time – 5 min
Shelf life – 8-10 days
- 10-12 Green chili (deseeded and cut in shreds or any shape or size you want)
- 1 Lemon
- 1tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Mustard powder (pisi hui rai)
- 1tsp Fennel seeds (saunf)
- 1/4tsp Carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1/4tsp Turmeric powder (haldi)
Method (Step by step lemon chili pickle recipe)
- Prepare all the ingredients
2. Take a glass bowl, put chili, turmeric, salt, fennel, carom seeds,mustard powder and lemon juice in it and mix all with a spoon.
3. Now why to waste the lemon peels, Put them in the same bowl and mix.
4. Fill the pickle in a glass jar. First put the lemon and then chilies. This is because lemon takes about 6-7 days to get ready whereas chilies get ready in just an hour. Serve this pickle with any north indian meal.
Do try this simple recipe, i am sure you will love it. Please comment below If you like the recipe and suggestions are most invited.
Follow us on Facebook (@monikasfoodiediaries ), Instagram(Foodiediariesmoni )or twitter (Foodiediaries_M).