Panini/ panino sandwich is a grilled sandwich which is made from bread other than regular white bread. Whenever we go to cafes, these sandwiches always caught my attention and i used to thing, that i will make it too. The one i needed was a panini grill press. We bought a panini grill this diwali and it was time to try this yummy and filing sandwich.
These sandwiches can be made in so many different ways. I had some pesto ready at home so came up with this nice cheesy pesto panini sandwich. I have added lots of veggies, you can also make it with only tomato and olives or any combination of veggies you like.
This sandwich is very filing and healthy too. You can choose to grill it very well till crisp or just warm it up like a sub. You can also try adding some different flavored mayonnaise and some small tikkis or kebabs for a better taste.
- French loaf 1
- Pesto sauce 2 tbs
- Mayonnaise 4 tbs
- Butter 2 tbs
- Cucumber 10-12 slices
- Tomato 1 (sliced)
- Capsicum 1/2 (sliced thinly)
- Sweet corn 1 tbs (boiled)
- Mushroom 2 tbs (sliced)
- Jalapeno 1 tbs (pickled and sliced)
- Olives 2 tsp (Sliced)
- Oregano 1 tsp
- Parsley 1 tsp
- Chili flakes 1/2 tsp
- Processed cheese 4 tbs (grated)
- Mozzerella cheese 4 tbs (grated)
- Salt as per taste
- Black pepper 1 tsp
- Iceberg lettuce 3-4 leaves
Method (Step by Step Cheesy Pesto Panini Sandwich Recipe With Pictures) :-
- First of all prepare all the ingredients.
- Take pesto sauce and half of mayonnaise and mix well.
- Now take the loaf and cut in 3 equal parts (make slant cuts). And cut each part in half horizontally.
- On one inner side of loaf apply pesto mixture, spread 1 tbs processed cheese on it.
- Arrange some cucumber slices, then tomato slices and spread some sweet corn kernels, put few capsicum shreds, jalapenos and olives.
- I grilled some mushrooms on my griller with some some salt, butter and add those grilled mushrooms to the sandwich.
- Sprinkle oregano, black pepper, salt and chili flakes. Apply mayonnaise on the other half of sandwich and sprinkle condiments on it too.
- Put mozzarella cheese and a leaf of lettuce (which i forget so added it later) .
- Apply butter on upper side of the bread and some butter on the griller from bottom. Grill it well very carefully as filings will come out. ( I grilled my sandwich from one side and then turned it again 180 degrees for proper grilling, as the bread is too big and filled well.)
- Serve cheesy pesto panini sandwich with some salad, pesto sauce and tomato sauce.
- You can use your choice of toppings or veggies also.
- Reduce the veggies a little for more pronounced taste and easy grilling.
- Try some other cheese if you have like Cheddar or Parmesan in the sandwich for more sharp taste.
- You can make it with regular bread also.