After working out for hours or tired after office, you need some snack which is on the go, tasty and at the same time healthy and filled with lots of energy. These oats and nuts energy bars are really easy to make and very healthy as we are not adding sugar. It is filled with fibers, antioxidants, essential nutrients and lots of energy.
This one energy bar will give you energy for long and you wont be going for those tempting fast food because of your hunger pangs. These bars are best if you want to remain fit and stay away from junk food as they provide instant energy and satiate your hunger for hours.
Granola bars are prepared with rolled oats, dry nuts, dried berries, honey and butter. They pretty easy to make and can be stored for a month. If your kids are fussy eats when it comes to nuts, this way you can make them eat as many nuts as you want. These bars are so tasty that no one can say no to these. You can coat these with chocolate for a more interesting and delightfully tempting version. Yum
Recipe type : Snack, Chocolate, Sweet, Energy Bar
Time : 20 minutes + 2hour (setting time)
Number of bars : Approx. 16
- 100 gms Almonds
- 30gms Sunflower seeds
- 30 gms Melon seeds (magaj)
- 30 gms Black raisins (kali kishmish)
- 20 gms Raisins (kishmish)
- 50 gms Strawberries
- 40 gms Cranberries
- 30 gms Dates (khajur)
- 1/2 cup Honey (shehed)
- 200 gms Oats
- 70 gms Butter
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp Orange essence
Method (Step by step oats and nuts energy bars recipe) :-
- First of all roughly chop strawberries, cranberries and dates. Roughly crush almonds or chop in big pieces. Prepare all the ingredients.
- Now take oats in a microwave safe dish and microwave for 2-3 minutes or you can roast them in a non stick pan on low flame over gas top.
- Take out oats and add almonds, melon seeds and sunflower seeds in a microwave safe dish and microwave for 2 minutes or roast lightly on gas top.
- Take a big bowl or skillet and grease it little. Add roasted oats, almonds, seeds and give it a mix.
- Now in a pan add honey, butter and essence. Put it on gas and cook till butter melts and mixtures foams up while stirring continuously.
- Add this honey mixture to oats and mix immediately very well. Add rest of the dry fruits and mix very well.
- Grease a deep tray and line with butter paper. Put the prepared oats and nuts mixture in it. With the help of a spatula spread it evenly. Damp your hands with water and press the mixture very well so that it sets well. Leave it for 2-3 hrs in a cold place.
- When it sets, cut in desired shape and it is ready to eat.
- Wrap the rest in cling film or butter paper and store in a air tight container. It will easily last for a month. Enjoy the homemade granola bars or oats and nuts energy bars.
- Make it with nuts and berries of your choice, you can change the nuts and berries according to your own preference.
- Add some ragi, wheat or cornflakes for a different and more nutritious version.
- You can also use half quantity sugar for a more crispy and tight version, but that is not recommended for health purpose.
- You can change the essence used also for a different taste and fragrance. Try strawberry or butterscotch essence if you like.