Vegetable chowmein or noodles is a simple yet delicious recipe loved by all and specially children and youngsters. It is my comfort food and also a quick fast food when I am not in mood for too much preparations. It barely takes 15-20 min. You can prepare lots of variations by using different sauces and vegetables. today I am sharing basic chowmein recipe.
Also I always try to add more veggies to keep it healthy. You can also try using rice noodles or soba noodles for a healthier version. The basic sauces used are soya sauce, chili sauce and vinegar. You can try more chinese recipes like chilly paneer, fried rice etc.
Recipe Type :- Main Course
Cuisine :- Chinese
Time :- 20 minutes
Serves :- 2
- 80-100 gms Noodles
- 2 tbs Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 Onion (sliced)
- 2 Spring onions
- 2 tbs Carrot (sliced)
- 2 tbs Cabbage (sliced)
- 2 tbs Capsicum (sliced)
- 1/2 tsp White Pepper powder
- As per taste Salt
- 2 tsp Vinegar
- 2 tsp Red chili sauce
- 1 tsp Green chili sauce
- 1 tbs Soya sauce
Method (Step By Step Vegetable Chowmein Recipe) :-
- Keep a Big deep vessel on gas and fill it half with water, let it boil. Till the water gets boiled do the preparation such as chopping the veggies.
- When water gets boiled add 1 tsp of salt and 1 tsp of oil in it and then add noodles to it without breaking them, slowly they will get immersed in water. Let them boil till 90 % done. (Almost 7-8 minutes)
- When done, strain the noodles with the help of a seive. (Put cold water over noodles if making them after sometime)
- Take a wok, add oil to it and keep it to heat. When its hot add ginger garlic paste. Cook for 30 sec.
- Now add onions and spring onion whites to it. Cook for few 10-20 seconds and add carrots and cabbage to it. Cook for 1 minute and add capsicum. Cook for 2 minutes. (Keep the veggies crunchy)
- Add salt and white pepper to it. Mix it and add boiled noodles, sauces and vinegar.
- Mix the noodles very well. Put some spring onion greens. Again give it a mix.
- Serve them hot and garnish with spring onion greens. You can pair these up with some Manchurian or chilly vegetable gravy.
- Add as many and different veggies of your liking…. for eg… zucchini, mushrooms, pumpkin etc
- Increase or decrease spices as per your taste.
- For a more more pronounced chinese taste, add 2 pinches of ajinomoto.